Jessica Does Surveys

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

leave all your love and your longing behind

30 days of music: I'm going to cheat and answer all these right now because fuck if I can remember to update this for 30 days in a row.

Day 01 - Your favorite song (at the moment)

"Love the Way You Lie" - Eminem & Rihanna ...Idk why to tell you the truth. I am not the biggest Eminem fan, but for some reason I really like this song.

Day 02 - A song that makes you happy

"Walking on Sunshine" - Katrina and the Waves. Always does it.

Day 03 - A song that makes you sad

"I'm A Broken Heart" - The Bird and the Bee. Listened to it one day waaaay back when I had a "revelation" that I quickly dismissed, though turned out to be true. Either way -- exquisitely sad.

Day 04 - A song that helps you clear your head

"Lose Yourself" - Eminem. I know I just said I don't like Eminem that much, but this is my go-to when I need to calm the fuck down from anxiety and focus.

Day 05 - A song that you are obsessed with

Isn't this the same as Day 01? Anyway ... I guess my closest obsession song lately has been "Dog Days are Over" by Florence + The Machine.

Day 06 - A song from a new album you are waiting for to come out

"Misery" by Maroon 5. It's the same music over and over, but I like that music, so ... Plus their albums seem to coincide perfectly with my romantic situations at the time of release, so I'm anxious to see what's ahead for me in that vein.

Day 07 - A song from your favorite band

Well, my ultimate favorite "band" is The Beatles, so I'm going to randomly throw "Her Majesty" up here, just because it's a perfect little 23 seconds.

Day 08 - A song from a band you hate

I can't think of a band I expressively *hate* at the moment ... A quick perusal of iTunes led me to Nickelback, so I'll choose that new summer song they have which is relatively passable.

Day 09 - A song from your favorite album

Can't pick a favorite, but one of my faves is Jeff Buckley's "Grace", and I'll pick "Mojo Pin" today randomly.

Day 10 - A song you like hearing live

Anything by Green River Ordinance is awesome live (I should know, I've seen them thrice), but I'll pick "Getting Older."

Day 11 - An acoustic song you love

God, anything by Jason Mraz. His songs live multiple lives -- studio recorded, I fall in love with them, then I find these multiple live versions where they are slightly different animals, and I can never decide which lyrical and melody changes I love most. If I have to pick one for now, I'll go with the Hawaii version of "I'm Yours."

Day 12 - A song that describes you

I'm going to go with "A Beautiful Mess" by Jason Mraz, for the lyrics, pas juste le titre.

Day 13 - A song that reminds you of someone

There could be a million here, but I'll stay on my JMraz track and go with "Lucky."

Day 14 - A song that reminds of you of somewhere

"Sun Goes Down" by David Jordan will always remind me of London.

Day 15 - A song that has a new meaning to you every time you hear it

"All We Are" by Matt Nathanson, or really a lot of his stuff gets layer-y meanings for me over time. Weirdly openly applicable to every situation.

Day 16 - A song you can always relate to

"U Got Nothing on Me" - Demi Lovato. I knoooow, but you can suck it, because her stuff is pretty awesome, and this song always catches me ready to push off someone.

Day 17 - A song that no one would expect you to love

I love "Freak on a Leash" by Korn and "Toxicity" by System of a Down, and I'm pretty sure those would be unexpected.

Day 18 - A song that you haven’t listened to in awhile

Could be a million, seriously. I know too many.

Day 19 - A song that reminds you of your boyfriend/girlfriend

Don't have one, thanks! A song that reminds me of an ex, however, would be "The Way" by Clay Aiken, which cracks me the fuck up nowadays.

Day 20 - A song that you want to play at your wedding

"At Last". I mean, come on. Also, "You Make Me Feel So Young" by Frank Sinatra.

Day 21 - A song that you want to play at your funeral

"In My Life" by the Beatles comes to mind, but I mean, who knows. Something relatively uplifting.

Day 22 - A song that makes you laugh

Anything by Flight of the Conchords -- the other night I got to hear "Jenny."

Day 23 - A song that you listen to when you’re angry

"High Road" by Fort Minor, "Whyyawannabringmedown" by Kelly Clarkson.

Day 24 - A song that makes you cry

So cheesy and cliche for me to say this, but "Jesus Take The Wheel" by Carrie Underwood. Also, most Damien Rice.

Day 25 - A song that makes you want to dance

"Hot N Fun" by NERD.

Day 26 - A song that would be the theme song to a TV show about your life

Ha, I'll be on The Hills and pick "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield.

Day 27 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio

More by Jason Mraz, anything by Florence + The Machine, good shit that has been forgotten from Allison Iraheta's album...

Day 28 - A song you have as your ringtone/want to be your ringtone

My ringtones are all so old! Current is Girl Talk.

Day 29 - A song that you wish you could play on an instrument

There are a ton of guitar licks I'd like to learn. Or piano things too ... I guess probably some Sara Bareilles would be nice to pound out, sing along to.

Day 30 - A song from your childhood

Classically, I'll pick "You are my Sunshine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home