Jessica Does Surveys

Sunday, June 06, 2010

what i did to you is hurtful, but what i'm going through is hurtful

How many songs total: 2526, in this version

How many hours or days of music: 6.5 days ... almost up to a week.

Sort by song title-

First song: "A-Punk" - Vampire Weekend

Last song: "99 Times" - Kate Voegele

Sort by time-

Shortest song: "Primal Scream" - Danny Gokey (13 seconds)

Longest song: "Eskimo" - Damien Rice (15:59)

Sort by album-

First album: Abbey Road - The Beatles

Last album: 90210 Soundtrack ...

Top five most played songs:

  1. Postcards from Far Away - Coldplay (63 times)

  2. Cry Baby - Allison Iraheta (26)

  3. Again Again - Lady Gaga (26)

  4. 100 Round the Bends - Missy Higgins (26)

  5. Tell Me Why - Taylor Swift (26)

First song that comes up on shuffle:

Hook Me Up - the Veronicas

Search the following & state how many songs come up: (This is including album and artist names)

Death- 17
Life- 39
Love- 163
Hate- 6
You- 375
Sex- 7















With your player still on shuffle, list the next 10 artists that come up (no repeats):

1) Monsters of Folk
2) Glee Cast
3) Sondre Lerche
4) Jason Castro
5) Owl City
6) Pixie Lott
7) The Maine
8) Britney Spears
9) Fiona Apple
10) Jordin Sparks

Now answer these questions (without shuffle).

Out of these, which is your favourite band? Only one is a band (MoF), but probably Fiona Apple for the fact that she's given me the words to soooo many of my life situations.

Have you ever seen #4 in concert? Weirdly enough, I have.

Do you own any merchandise by #9? Nope.

Have you met any members of #2? Weirdly enough again, yes. I've met Lea & JGroff, post-Spring Awakening.

Do any of your friends like #10? Maybe casually. I don't think anyone else has her albums but me.

If #1 was to do the soundtrack for a film, what would the film be about?Something like a travel movie, or quiet moments, or something based in the fall. Learning about yourself and big moments would be involved.

What’s your favourite song by #8? I like so many, from way back in adolescence, ha. Recently it's "Don't Go Knockin' On My Door" ... but that can't be all time fave. Probably Piece of Me -- for its life significance for me, haaa.

What’s your favourite album by #3? I know his work on the Dan in Real Life soundtrack best.

When/where was the first time you heard #7? I think I heard "Girls Do What They Want" on The Hills, haa. Old times.

What do you like about #6? It's kind of perfect British pop ... semi-cheeky girl, a little bit of soul up in there, and lyrics that came along at a perfect time in my life when I desperately needed an album to attach to given the crazy life circumstances that were occurring.

How long ago did #5 form? Idk when they formed, but they became popular in my life in early 09, when I found one of their songs ("Hot Air Balloon") on a blog I read, then I saw them in concert that May, then they BLEW UP that fall/winter.

Put your player on shuffle again and list the first 10 SONGS (and artists) that come up. No song repeats.

1) Rock Star Beau - Cassie Steele

2) About A Girl - The Academy Is...

3) Man Gave Names To All the Animals - Jason Mraz

4) Wish I Could Forget - The Weepies

5) That's What You Get - String Quartet Tribute to Paramore

6) My Love - The Dream (Feat. Mariah Carey)

7) Did You Get My Message - Jason Mraz

8) I Drove All Night - Top Gear

9) Give It To Me Right - Melanie Fiona

10) Scars - Allison Iraheta

Out of these, which song is your favourite? Probably "Did You Get My Message." I can never say no to hearing that song.

If you had to choose one, which would you play at your funeral? Why?Wow these all are bad funeral songs ... at least That's What You Get would be instrumental/string-y. Scars would seem too pointed...the rest are upbeat or cheeky.

How about as a first dance at your wedding? Why? Again they suck! I guess My Love is the closest.

How does #1 make you feel? Like I need to throw on some eyeliner and skinny jeans, mess up my hair, and rock the fuck out.

Does #9 remind you of anyone? Ha yes, yes it does. Two people.

Do you like to sing along to #6? Sure.

Tell me your favourite lyric from #2 Everyone wants to be loved, to be loved -- what more could you ask for?

If #8 was used in a movie, what scene would it portray? Definitely driving to your long-distance lover at night.

How long have you known #7? Quite awhile ... at least since all of college. God I love JMraz.

Have you got any other versions/mixes of #5? Ha yeah, I have the original version it's based on.

What is the best part of #10? The bridge is what I love most, as usual: Deep down, I know what you need, and I'm not sure that's what I wanna be, ooooh, ooooooh. Oh Allison, your voice is top notch.

Does #4 have male or female vocals? Both! I love The Weepies too, let alone their cuteness together. This song also got me through a tough time ... "I remember what you told me -- only wish I could forget."

Has #3 ever been played on the radio? I don't think so ... at least not like, major radio, or anything I've ever heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home